The Kuala Lumpur Chapter – ACI organized a seminar on Innovative Concrete Systems: Design and Materials, in collaboration with Universiti Teknologi Mara, Malaysia, and the Concrete Society of Malaysia, on August 18, 2016, in Petaling Jaya, Malaysia. The event was held with the support of Lafarge Malaysia Bhd. and Eastern Pretech (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd., and was well attended by 60 chapter members.
The objective of the seminar was to disseminate knowledge on recent innovations in concrete construction, as the construction industry is facing increasing challenges. The industry requires innovative solutions that are able to reduce the cost and time, from both the aspects of design and materials. To address these issues, the program was organized into several specialized technical lectures:
• Innovative Concrete System Design & Materials, by
• Innovation in Sustainable Hybrid Pico-Nano Composite Ultra High-Performance Cement Concrete, by Fook- Chuan Lai;
• Concrete Solutions for Road Pavement, by Sahruzi Sahari; • Precast Concrete for Building: A Holistic Approach, by Ng Kok Peng;
• Seismic Design Considerations for Malaysia Based on Eurocode 8 – Impact on the Local Construction Industry, by Jeffrey C.L. Chiang; and
• Cracks in Concrete—Challenges and Remedies, by Shivram B. Bagade.
Two question-and-answer sessions were held, which was an enriching experience for the participants. In addition, the speakers also posed quiz questions to the participants based on the topics presented, and prizes were given to those who were able to answer correctly. The seminar provided a good opportunity to foster the networking among the practitioners from the concrete construction industry to share their experience and knowledge to overcome the possible issues that might be faced in their daily practices.
For more photos, please click on the link:https://1drv.ms/f/s!AnXp4nmIqVrD1m-oSX51RJUTWbzd